Valorization of organic waste for the production of hydrogen for use in generating electricity in a sustainable manner
PROJECT LIFE_ECOELECTRICITY LIFE15 CCM/ES/00080
The overall objective of the project is to design and build a pilot plant based on catalytic reforming technologies that allow the energy use of alcoholic fractions impure (purges) from the distilleries industries (distilleries and bioethanol production), which in its composition have a low commercial value.
So, it will make the design, construction and optimization of a process alcoholics reaction of these residues for the production of H2-rich gas streams. With this current H2 will use to generate electricity and heat using a fuel cell high temperature.
To achieve this objective, the following specific work has to be carried out:
1) Select and characterize the ethanolic purges industrially available.
2) Pretreat, if it is necessary, the selected ethanolic purges.
3) Integrate the reforming process with a high temperature fuel cell to produce electricity and heat.
4) Evaluate the technical requirements that the pilot plant should meet for efficient energetic exploitation of the ethanolic purges.
5) Carry out the required trials to determine the critical variables that will influence the integration of the reforming process with the generation process of electric energy and heat.
6) Evaluate the final operation of the prototype in order to find and optimize the parameters that define the efficient operation of the comprehensive process.
7) Show an alternative technology for the production of electrical energy and heat more efficient and less polluting.